Floor standing, column or floor loudspeakers are so named because they are placed directly on the floor, vertically, and their shape is similar to that of a column. They are larger than the so-called bookshelf or monitor speakers , and stand out for combining the benefits of their robust structure with a type of internal architecture in favor of the best sound.
At Zococity.es we advise you to choose the hifi floor-standing speakers that best suit your needs and use, whether for home theater or for a hi-fi system .
Finding good hifi floor speakers that suit us is not always easy. For this reason, our specialists in hi-fi and home theater recommend following a series of tips to help us reach the top of the best sound.
- Placement : it is usual that when we think about acquiring them, the first thing we ask ourselves is how to place the floor speakers without dying in the attempt. Well, the first and best option to guarantee faithful sound reproduction is to move the columns away from the walls, and place them depending on the measurements of the room, at a recommended distance between 1.5m and 3.5m for the listening point, keeping the tweeter at the level of our ears.
- Use decoupling spikes : unlike monitor speakers, there are no stands for floor-standing speakers, but as long as our column speakers include them, it is interesting to use decoupling spikes to avoid excessive vibration during playback, and to concentrate all the sound mass at the same point. Thus, in addition to placing them on the ground, we can orient our speakers effectively towards the ear to achieve the best sound.
- Sound profile or test whenever you can : choosing floor-standing speakers based on their sound profile is as lawful as it is recommended, although for this, it is interesting that you can do your own tests. One of the most important features of this type of speaker is its ability to expand the sound stage and obtain more enveloping sound, thanks to its dedicated components and its 2-way structures or more, together with the transmission of richer bass. and deeper than monitor speakers.
- Choice of integrated amplifier: to get the most out of our floorstanding speakers in the hifi system, we have to choose an integrated amplifier that, in combination with them, gives us all the power necessary to listen to our favorite songs. To do this, we can pay attention to technical specifications such as the sensitivity of the boxes and the impedance levels, since both the lack of power from the amplifier and the delivery of extreme power can be detrimental to our speakers. With this and according to the experience of our specialists, it is best to assess the data of the amplifier-speaker and allocate a reasonable budget for the entire equipment, for example: 70% for the speakers and 30% for the amplifier, always according to the needs of each case.
- Floor speakers for home theater : if we talk about cinema, floor speakers are designed to lead the so-called front trio , which marks part of the performance of the system and its quality in terms of response, scene and sound envelope. The most important thing to choose floor-standing speakers for home theater is to take into account the measurements of the room and the space to place the columns. It is also recommended to choose speakers with a structure of drivers dedicated to each frequency, since this way we can obtain a good response throughout the range , so that other elements such as the center channel, the subwoofer or the surround speakers, fulfill their respective functions. .
In our physical store in Valencia , we offer you a listening room so that buying column speakers is a simple task. The best floor-standing speakers from renowned brands such as KEF , Dali , Klipsch or Bowers & Wilkins so you can enjoy a home theater or stereo system at the level of your favorite movies and songs.
- Klipsch R-620F : The Klipsch R-620F are a pair of floor-standing speakers based on the brand's acoustic experience and an advanced structure. Its 90º x 90º Tractrix horn technology ensures that all sound is directed at the listener, without reverberation or interference, and with maximum efficiency. Following the American style of Klipsch, these columns adapt to all spaces and corners of your home, so you can enjoy an outstanding sound.
- Dali Oberon 5 : The Dali Oberon 5 is a compact and elegant column speaker, with two SMC wood fiber woofers and an ultra-light 29mm tweeter. Designed to blend into any room, this pair of speakers offers a unique crossover design , with low harmonic distortion figures and top-quality sound response.
- KEF R5 : The Uni-Q drivers and 3-way design of the KEF R5 bring to life a sound full of nuances and spatiality, so you can identify where each sound comes from. Its Shadow Flare waveguide reduces harmful diffraction caused by high frequencies, offering enhanced and subtle audio. With flexible Bass Reflex technology to ensure deep bass, we are guaranteed outstanding sound and perfectly designed column speakers.
- Polk Audio Reserve R700 : Polk's Reserve line has a minimalist and very attractive design . The R700 speakers integrate a 1-inch Pinnacle ring radiator for extremely clear and crisp highs. The turbine cone combines Polk's exclusive foam core with Power Port technology to smooth airflow and prevent unwanted resonances . The performance of these speakers is total thanks to their components and certifications. Enjoy your music like never before.