6/12 y 8/12 CERRADO por festivo.
The subwoofer is in charge of reproducing without distortion the frequencies that the other speakers cannot reach, specifically the bass and sub-bass . Although its use is optional, integration with the rest of the home theater set will provide a spectacular and powerful sound response. In fact, in multi-channel audio, the subwoofer focuses on reproducing the so-called .1 , which typically stores sounds like explosions, footsteps, gunshots, motors, and the like, in order to deliver those low frequencies for maximum impact. . For our sound specialists, the home cinema subwoofer is essential if you are looking to obtain a real cinematographic experience without leaving the room. In our catalog we have the best-selling subwoofers of the most acclaimed brands by users.
The best home cinema subwoofers are in Zococity.es. There are two large groups: active subwoofers and passive subwoofers.
The passive subwoofer , as with speakers of the same nature , needs an external amplifier to give it power to work and emit sound. For its part, the active subwoofer incorporates an amplifier inside that allows simple interconnection and more intuitive use of functions such as volume control, equalization, phase control or crossover frequency.
If we talk about home theater, we can opt for an open subwoofer or bass reflex , designed with an opening generally located at the back and ready to let air out. Its sound response is more spectacular, and depending on its range or dimensions, we will achieve a more efficient level of performance and a sound response with extension and warmth, perfect for the demands of cinema.
The other type of subwoofer is sealed , and it gets its name because the enclosure is completely closed. Given their construction, sealed subwoofers emit a balanced response with a faster, more precise and localized bass with hardly any distortions, therefore, it is more recommended for use with music, although in home theater it will also offer us a great level of response, especially in small rooms, demonstrating its versatile character.
Although the choice of subwoofer depends on the needs of each user and their system, its incorporation into the set is a safe bet in order to emphasize low frequencies and optimize overall sound performance . However, taking advantage of the subwoofer will depend, in addition to choosing the right model, on other factors such as placement, quantity or connection.
In the home cinema, the good placement of the subwoofer is essential to squeeze all its benefits.
As with all the speakers that are part of the set, the SUB is also connected to the AV receiver , and for this reason, it is important to dedicate time -as much as necessary- and resources to the calibration process to place it in the best point of our room. .
Another trick used by home theater users is to connect the subwoofer to a source and play music with a high bass and sub-bass load, while we move around the room and fix which is the most ideal listening point, free of distortion. . You should bear in mind that this process also requires several tests before finally placing the subwoofer, but it will avoid later problems in sound definition.
If the room is large and square, it is interesting to consider placing a pair of subwoofers , since it will increase the forcefulness of the bass and favor its good performance. Thus, there are three recommended ways of placement:
- In the center of the front or rear wall ; or in the center of the two side walls : This placement of the subwoofer will allow us to obtain a greater homogeneity in the sound response and a better sound quality in the listening area; although on the contrary, we will achieve a lower sound pressure.
- Opposite corners : It is the type of placement with which we will obtain more sound pressure and more volume at the listening point.
- On the front wall ¼ distance from the side walls : It is the most standard and widely used subwoofer placement system, due to its ease of operation and its visual impact. It is considered an intermediate solution compared to the previous ones, and with which we achieve both a good level of sound pressure and optimal reproduction quality.
Some audio systems, such as those from Sonos and other manufacturers that are committed to multi-zone sound , highlight the wireless subwoofer as an alternative for those who want the warmth of bass but the freedom of sound without cables.
These subwoofers are easier to install and their configuration is done either from the control panel of the SUB itself, or through the application of the player to which it is connected. Regarding sound quality, it must be taken into account that this type of wireless subwoofers increasingly integrate more advanced components and technologies, being capable of decoding high-resolution Bluetooth codecs, as an interesting specification when evaluating your purchase.
In short, wireless subwoofers are recommended for multiroom audio systems, small rooms, and users who value a balance between quality and design.
Once all its advantages have been valued, it is time to buy the subwoofer . In our catalog we have the best subwoofers on the market.
- Edifier T5 : The T5 is Edifier's first subwoofer and one of the most acclaimed alternatives for multimedia use. It has an 8” driver with DSP and 70W of power , for rich and precise bass transmission. Thanks to its automatic standby mode, the Edifier T5 does not use unnecessary energy while idle, thus reducing consumption. The use of high-density fiberboard (MDF) materials minimizes resonances and facilitates full-performance reproduction. Finally, and regarding its design, in addition to a careful aesthetic, the Edifier subwoofer combines perfectly with the brand's active speakers that have said output, to design first-class 2.1 systems.
- Polk Audio MXT 12 : Polk Audio's 12” subwoofer provides strong, effortless bass for movies, music and games. It integrates into any home theater environment and thanks to its new woofer, amplifier and cabinet designs, to pack an punch. Its large 12” woofer is powered by a clean, ultra-efficient 100W Class A/B amplifier , ideal for full-impact home theater use.
- Dali SUB E-12F : This Dali E-12F is the most elegant subwoofer in the range and is perfectly designed to work like a charm in both home theater and music environments. It has a 12” woofer , capable of moving air with precision and power. With 170W RMS and its Class D amplifier, the E-12F reproduces a sound with maximum punch , and on its back plate, awaits a panel of controls to manage the adjustment of volume, phase and upper cutoff frequency. Its casing is designed to fit in with any environment and fill the entire room with good bass.
- Monolith by Monoprice 12" THX® Subwoofer : Monolith's line of subwoofers are THX® certified and guarantee distortion-free bass output, reaching figures below 20Hz. The 12” woofer was developed from scratch with the goal of Minimize distortions to the maximum and achieve precision, dynamics and linearity in the sound.It is enclosed in a cabinet and is made of an HDF material, with massive internal bracing and equipped with dual ports.Its 500W amplifier is built around a route 48-bit Texas Instruments and a DSP engine, which together with its class D amplifier modules, will achieve highly precise and deep bass for your home cinema system.
- KEF KC62 - What's new about the KEF KC62 subwoofer is the combination of compact size with very powerful bass transmission to bring the impact to your music, cinema and gaming experience. Its Uni-Core technology revolutionizes the traditional design to reduce the size of the cabinet by more than a third, while increasing its depth. The identical drivers are powered by a total 1000W RMS intended to achieve exceptional levels of control and perform effortlessly in any environment, thanks to their diverse equalization options and connection options. In short, the KEF KC62 breathes strength and beauty on all sides.