Multiroom systems or multizone sound systems are based on the interconnection of devices on the same WiFi network to play music through speakers throughout the house and their management through a mobile application.
The goal of multiroom speakers is to fill every room in a home, office, studio, or similar environment with music, and create uninterrupted piped music. For example, if you are in the living room of your house and need to move to another space such as the kitchen or bedroom, thanks to multiroom audio you will be able to keep the song playing and avoid skips and interference.
Brands like Sonos , Audio Pro or Denon are pioneers in the development of the best multiroom models that are part of our specialized catalogue. Discover them!
The best multiroom system is one that meets certain requirements when it comes to adapting to the space and the needs of the user without having to spend a large amount of money. In fact, a cheap multiroom system is possible as long as we are clear about how many speakers we want to place in our room, which manufacturer we want to bet on and what level of sound performance we need.
But before answering all these questions and if we want to design a multiroom sound system, it is important to make sure that our WiFi network is well prepared to support the connection of multiple connected devices at the same time and that it has enough bandwidth to allow uninterrupted transmission.
In addition, it is important not to confuse multiroom speakers with bluetooth speakers and understand the purpose of each one, since although the former usually have integrated wireless technology, they are completely different in nature from portable speakers designed for mobility .
With this, a multiroom sound system goes further and offers us a type of experience richer in nuances and perfect for the most "techie" users.
Now that we know what Wi-Fi multiroom speakers are and what their purpose is, it is time to list a series of tips that will be most useful when designing your own multiroom speaker system.
- Choose the speakers of the same brand : If you really want to set up a multi-zone audio system, it is an essential requirement that all the speakers you choose are of the same brand, since remote use through the app will make it easier for you to manage each unit independently or from the entire speaker system. Within the same brand, you can purchase and configure different models depending on the room where you want to place the speakers, but ultimately, you will need the same manufacturer to take advantage of the performance of your new system.
- Arrangement of the speakers : The layout of the multiroom speakers may vary depending on the dimensions of the room where you are going to place it, or the corners of the home where you want to constantly play music. As a general rule, the living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom are key points to place multiroom speakers and enjoy their benefits. For the living room or bedroom, it is advisable to opt for larger speakers since they will house larger drivers and amplifiers inside, which translates into better sound and more power. For environments such as the bathroom or kitchen, you can opt for more compact and lightweight speakers that allow you to place them in any corner and go unnoticed. In this case, it is interesting that they have protocols for resistance to water or humidity.
- Remote control from the application : All the firms that have multiroom loudspeakers in their catalog have developed applications to remotely control and manage everything that happens in the loudspeaker. Through these apps we can configure each function of the multiroom system such as the volume level of the speakers, customize their location, select content through streaming applications, online radio stations or audiobooks, among other content.
- I use voice assistants : Brands such as Sonos, Bose or Denon are compatible with the most used voice assistants today such as Amazon Alexa , Apple Siri and OK Google . Through these assistants we can give the order to raise and lower the volume, choose a specific song or playlist, check the weather information or activate a reminder. Without the need to press any button and only through your voice , you will control everything that happens in your multiroom system.
- Streaming applications : Most streaming and online radio applications can be activated from the mobile control app to play directly from them without having to do anything else. With Spotify or Tidal Connect, you can search for your favorite tracks and they'll instantly play on your multiroom speakers.
If you want to buy a multiroom audio system you can choose the one that best suits you. The British brand Sonos is the most prominent in the multiroom audio market, due to its perfect compatibility, combination and exquisite design. Others like Denon, Bluesound or Audio Pro, also have the approval of sound experts as great alternatives to design your sound system.
-Audio Pro A10 : The A10 from the Scandinavian brand is the ultimate combination of good sound and design . Though compact in size, this speaker integrates a dedicated woofer and BMR technique for deep bass reproduction and detailed high and midrange sound, backed by Class D digital amplification . With the Audio Pro app, you can configure all the speaker's features and use streaming music services like Spotify and apps like AirPlay. Its design, based on rounded shapes, makes it perfect to combine in any corner.
- Sonos One : The Sonos One is discreet, compact and integrates two class D digital amplifiers. Its built-in equalizer allows you to personalize listening and adjust frequencies. Through the One you can access more than 30 streaming music services, using voice control and taking advantage of its intuitive functions. The One is compatible with the rest of the speakers in the Sonos multiroom range and with devices such as the firm's sound bars or the subwoofer. In its aesthetic aspect, its tactile and intuitive controls , its LED indicators and its simple interface stand out.
- Denon Home 250 : The Denon Home series is designed to fill your home with exceptional sound. Its advanced acoustic components shine through with digital signal processing expertly tuned for full-range loudspeakers. This speaker works with Amazon Alexa, Ok Google, and Apple's Siri, to perform speaker functions with your voice. Pairing a pair of speakers, we will obtain a stereo experience and we will listen to our musical collection with the maximum precision. Finally, and thanks to the integration of HEOS , we will be able to execute any function and combination of devices in the same environment.
- Bluesound PULSE 2i : Bluesound's PULSE 2i is the most powerful loudspeaker in the family with amplifier and driver technologies that deliver maximum definition at every frequency. It has the most sophisticated DSP engine on the market to squeeze all its power. Delivering clear, distortion-free sound, this multiroom speaker features native Bluetooth ® aptX ™ HD support with the ability to reproduce studio-quality music. AirPlay 2 allows for easy integration into the Apple ecosystem and its lossless MQA decoding. With the BluOS Controller app or through Alexa and Siri, you can manage streaming music services, tune into internet radio stations, and access your personal music collection.